Hear me scream, I’ve been nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award!!
Which, ironically, means I’ll answer questions, tell you stuff about me, and become tragically less mysterious. But only slightly so… It’s nothing to worry about…
Thank you so much to Bridie and Noly for nominating me!! It only took me two centuries to get this done. You’re both awesome, I’m now ordering people to go visit your blogs, and they’ll listen to me for reasons I don’t understand. (maybe I can get them to bring you cake too?? It’s worth a shot… Whoever has cake, please step forward?!?!?)
About the Award
“It’s an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.”
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well. (Okoto Enigma).
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Three things about me!
- I’m a web designer by day. Sometimes by night too. Fear me.
- Right now, my wall is covered in to do lists and checklists and habit trackers and quotes and goal trackers of all kinds. It’s starting to look a cool kind of chaotic.
- I despise tea. If you ever make me like any version of the vile thing, you have strange powers. (Wait, did that sound, like a challenge?? It’s not a challenge! Don’t ever try!)
1. What book character do you relate to the most?
Not for the thieving and stabbing, mind you! But her crazy need to see more and do more and go places? That’s me.
2. What is your proudest achievement in life so far?
There isn’t one thing that stands out from the rest right now, but, something I’m proud of is making people think that English is my first language. I used to worry so much about having a bad accent, now I don’t have to! And yet I still do! At times! But yeah, that’s a thing that’s nice.
3. If you were an Animagus, what would your chosen form be?
A wolf. Maybe a tiny dragon…
4. What song is the theme song to your life?
Oh, this is a hard one… I can’t even choose my favorite song? Or singer? Or band? It’s a weird problem. We’ll just never know.
5. (The Weird Question) What is a smell you love? And what is a smell you hate?
My mom used to have this bush of tiny pink roses in her garden, I loved how they smelled. Also, melting chocolate. As for smells I don’t like, there’s wet pine trees, which is oddly specific… And gasoline.
1. Who do you look up to most, and why?
I look up to different people for different reasons, so there isn’t one I look up to the most. But, my list includes… Ed Catmull, J.K. Rowling, V.E. Schwab… Cait @Paperfury for blogging.
2. How does a perfect day for you look?
I have a few options – There’s getting unlimited reading time in a nice cozy place, with an “oh-no-help-I-can’t-stop-reading” kind of book… hanging out with friends doing any kind of crazy or fun thing… and traveling. Just, let me do awesome stuff. If I can combine all three, even better.
3. What is your all-time favorite memory?
I… I have no clue… let’s skip.
4. What is your favorite item you own, and why?
Erm, hm, ah… Can’t say I have one. But after hauling my books in like, 10 different house moves, they deserve a mention. Books be heavy.
5. And onto the weird/funny question: What do you do when no one is around or watching? Funny answers appreciated
I put on loud music, and sing and dance around the house. Don’t tell anybody.
Some of my favorite posts…
I don’t know if these are my best ones, but I had a ton of fun writing them!
And here are the awesome people I’m nominating. Feel free to do this, or not do this, or screech at the sky on a full moon night. I’ll just say that if you think you’re getting 4 normal questions and an odd one… you’re mistaken.
Margaret @Weird Zeal • James @Up With A Book • Rain @Bookdragonism • Iris @Hoard of Books • Sophie @Blame Chocolate • Austine @Novel Knight • Kayleigh @My Endless Shelf • Kristen @Metaphors and Moonlight • Maddie @Munch Reviews
- If you could shapeshift, what would you shift into most often?
- Where do you love to read at, and where would you love to read at if you could? (abandoned cathedrals, rooftops, weird caves, anything goes)
- Would you rather be able to fly, or breathe underwater?
- What are the first 15 words you can think of, right now????
- If you were stuck on a deserted island, would you rather be rescued, or have everything you’d need to live a nice beach life on your own?
Please tag me with your answers, I’d love to see them!
What smells do you love? And do you know what your favorite song is? (how???)