I’m going to tell you a little secret.
The thing is, I’ve become a professional at letting tags build up. For months. Maybe a couple years. No one really knows.
MEANING, if you’ve ever been brave enough to tag or nominate me for absolutely anything, and haven’t seen me do it yet… Then you’re one of the lucky residents of my. Very long. Google doc. Of tags.
Gotta keep track of it all somehow! I hope you like it there. It’s a very nice prison. Very tidy and such.
But seeing my ginormous pile of tags, helpless prisoners, and serious overpopulation problem, I have decided that it’s time to start releasing people in batches. Starting with the lovely Sunshine Award ladies. YOU GET TO BE FREE!! IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS!!!
So thank you so much to Noly @The Artsy Reader, Jamie @Princess of Pages, Lost @Chronicles of Tick Tock and Kayleigh @My Endless Shelf for nominating me. You’re too sweet, I don’t deserve you. Here are your keys to the exit. And a few cookies too. You can visit again any time you like.
And now to the Sunshiney things. I hope you like me well enough to read through 44 questions about me without having a heart attack. If you don’t, then shoo, get out of here. I would not handle that guilt well, trust me.
About The Award
1. What’s the last book or film that made you cry?
Hahahaha, what is this crying you speak of???? I… honestly can’t bring myself to cry with books and movies. No matter HOW VERY HEARTBROKEN AND SAD THEY MAKE ME. It makes no sense, but that’s just how it is. I did cry while reading a book review recently, BUT, I’ll tell you about that some other time. For mysterious reasons. *cue the suspenseful music*
2. Where do you hope/dream to be 5 years from now (especially with your blog)?
Hopefully, I’ll be at the point where I can write fast and not take a century to even show up around here. I should get started on that… Does thinking 5 years ahead make you feel old, or is it just me?
3. What was the last thing you had a really good laugh about?
Okay. I’m… I’m thinking. I don’t know. It was probably some crazy family joke, though. They’re a common occurrence.
4. What’s one thing about you your followers don’t yet know about?
Well, I didn’t know this myself until very recently, but, apparently, I can sleep talk in French. And I… don’t know even know an awful lot of French. So how is this possible?? I have no clue.
5. What’s one kind of post you love to read but dislike to write yourself?
That used to be… Reviews. I was honestly clueless about how to write an interesting one without being bored to death, so eventually, I figured I’d go crazy with it. My reviews will be an insane mess from here on. Here’s my first attempt at such wild things.
6. If you could only choose one band/singer to listen to and one book to read for the rest of your life, who/what would it be?
Well, that would be a pretty short life, so it really wouldn’t matter a lot, would it? Whatever they are, I’ll lose my mind and combust in a couple weeks. Poof.
7. You’ve won the lottery! What’s the first thing you buy?
A plane ticket, thank you very much.
8. If you could travel back in time, which time period would you choose, and why?
I’d never thought about this, but going to ancient Greece and climbing out of the woods pretending to be Artemis sounds too fun to pass up.
9. Is there a blogger / YouTuber / star you look up to?
Stars. Yes. I’ll look up at any starry sky. (I’m so sorry, something went wrong with my answer).
10. Who was your first celebrity crush?
I’ve been a fairly crush-less person. While my High School Musical obsessed friends swooned over Zach Effron in middle school, I was busy hating High School Musical as a whole. Without having watched it. Because I’m a rebel, you see.
11. What’s your favorite blog post you wrote and why? Link it!
Well, I’m just going to link you to the *possibly* weirdest post I’ve ever written – this insane Halloween story – just so I can tell you THERE’LL BE A SECOND PART, as soon as 4 busy people manage to find some time together. Wish us luck. “Felipe” is about to have surgery, so he might write it, and I quote, “under the influence of narcotics”. You know what to expect. Or rather, you don’t.
1. What is your favorite book of all time?
Gasp, Jamie. How could you ask me this?? I… I can’t. *Dies*
2. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas! Though I have to say, I really felt like doing some wild costume Halloween thing this year… It did not happen.
3. Do you have an interesting hobby?
Is having insane chats with people interesting? If not, I’ve been told I could be a dinosaur wrangler. I can try that and get back to you.
4. What are your favorite movies?
I’ll start listing and just cut myself off as soon as it looks like the list will be too long… Ready? *Deep breath* *And* *Cuts it off*
Okay, okay, I’ll just say a few… I love the Hunger Games movies. And Ender’s Game. Molly’s Game. There’s a trend in here somewhere… Also, Harry Potter. Star Wars. Etc, etc.
5. Do you have a go-to author?
I’ve only read two books by V.E. Schwab so far, but she definitely qualifies.
6. What makes you happy?
Books and chocolate. And traveling. And the beach. And being with friends, and family, and writing, and dreaming up wild stuff. And puppies. Ice cream too. I’m going to stop now.
7. What is your favorite song?
I have never been able to answer this question. For some reason. I can’t even narrow it down to a few favorites, it’s my personal mission impossible.
8. Who are some bloggers that make you smile?
Ahhhhhh, I smile so much with so many of you awesome people, but I’ll just dedicate this one to James @Up With a Book. Whose blog does no longer exist. Which is a true tragedy.
9. Favorite vacation spot?
Beach beach beach. For now. I can’t say what it’ll be in the future, because I plan to go everywhere. I may find some new favorites then.
10. What is your favorite thing about having a blog?
I have a ton of fun writing nonsense and then another ton of fun seeing people be happy that I wrote it, so I can now be proud of having murdered someone with laughter, made someone teary-eyed and been called a bad influence. Basically, being a bad influence is my favorite part.
(Joke. Talking with all of you is. And the writing.)
11. When should we fangirl again?
Is… Is now a good time?
1. What’s your favourite bit of lore surrounding witches/vampires/fae etc?
I was going to say I don’t know any, but Hunting Prince Dracula just saved me from that ignorance… Romanian strigoi, the undead vampire creatures that rise from their graves to drain people, unless their families do some… Really bizarre things… To keep them down there… But hey, tell me which ones you know in the comments because this is the only one I’ve got.
2. Which is better: pastel highlighters or cute washi tape?
Ooh. Can I say both? No? Okay. I’ll go with washi tape.
3. What’s your MOST USELESS superpower?
So, what exactly counts as a superpower? Because I can get bruises in my sleep and never know how they ended up there. My theory is, I’m a sleepwalking vigilante. I’m sure it’s useless. But who knows. There’s a chance it isn’t.
4. What do your pajamas look like?
Baggy black shirt and shorts. (The perfect vigilante outfit, if you ask me).
5. If you were allowed to meet a dead famous person, who would it be?
Would they be dead still? I should choose someone who isn’t too decomposed… Excuse me while I fail at finding a good answer.
6. Three songs that make you want to dance/sing/screech
That’s basically any song I like and know the lyrics to. But I won’t be that crazy lady who starts dancing at a store when a good song comes on, so you know… I just sing softly.
7. What are your thoughts on the yellow Pritt sticks?
I had none until now, but now that I know they exist… I’ll just say… Interesting.
8. Which fictional character would you go on a date with?
(Yes I’m going to let you figure out what that means on your own. See you in the next question.)
9. Would you rather have kids or an ice cream?
Ice cream right now. The kids will come later. I’M TOO YOUNG, OKAY?? (Oh I laughed at this question, are they meant to be interchangeable?)
10. What colour do you look best in?
Blaaack as the darkest abyss. Or, grey. Also, red, according to my mom. I’m basically a V.E. Schwab book.
11. WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE BOOK???
Noooooo, you too?? *Puddleifies*
1. Which author(s) do you automatically buy without thinking about it?
None, sadly. I’m currently book-broke.
2. What’s the first book you remember reading?
I *know* I read other books before this one, but one of the earliest I remember was something called… Baba Yaga and The Flutist… Or something like that. It has a crazy looking witch on the cover. And a dwarf flutist. I think.
3. What’s your favourite movie adaption?
I usually like movie adaptations better when I watch them before reading the book. Some I really like are the Hunger Games movies, the first Divergent (but not the others. Let’s not even talk about the others), Ender’s Game, Harry Potter, Narnia and To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before. I can’t choose a favorite. Isn’t that surprising????
4. What’s your favourite book cover?
I’m screaming on the inside. And running a thousand pretty covers through my head.
5. What was your Goodreads challenge this year? Do you think you’ll do it?
Oh oh oh. Let’s not talk about this. I’m just going to… Hide this question now. MOVING ON, THERE’S NOTHING TO SEE HERE!
6. If you went to Hogwarts, what animal would you take?
That depends. Are snow foxes allowed? (It would… Be a cat most likely).
7. Where’s your favourite place to read?
At the moment, my bed. But just wait until I get a nice reading nook. Someday. I mean, that’s the plan.
8. Hogwarts? Narnia? Middle Earth? Westeros? Caraval? Which would you choose?
Okay, I have the perfect way of getting around this impossible question. I choose to live at Hogwarts. Visit Caraval once a year. And Narnia for the summer bonfire dancing. I’ll do a little tour of Middle Earth while I’m on vacation too. Don’t know about Westeros, I haven’t read the books. Would that work??
9. Which book character do you relate to the most?
Lila Bard, if we ignore her stabbing tendencies. And the theft. And the… Okay, wait, it’s just her wild adventurish side.
10. What book have you re-read the most?
The Mysterious Benedict Society. Eight times. I also read the last two Harry Potter books seven times each, so they’re a close second.
11. What underrated author/book do you wish more people knew about?
Every book I’m thinking of is actually not really underrated, just less talked about than some, so… I DON’T REALLY KNOW. Sorry.
I nominate you!
Here are my sunshiney nominees. Some of you (maybe all of you??) have already been nominated for this, but guess what, I’m doing it anyway!! Because you’re awesome. Have fun, and don’t get a sunburn. That was… an accidental rhyme…
- Iris @Hoard of Books – A little something for after your hiatus! Just so you don’t forget how cool you are.
- Loretta @Laughing Listener, Ann Marie @Ann Marie Swaim, Dev @Read by Dev, Jess and Teagan @Fiction no Chaser – You’re the best reading squad I could ask for, so YOU DESERVE TO BE HERE, OK??
- Alex @Mcwritestuff – This is part two of the challenge of wit. Do not fail. Or else.
- Kristen @Metaphors and Moonlight – You’d have a way better answer than me to the lore question, I’m sure of it. Also, #ChairRebels4Lyf.
- The cool girls @Read It and Weep – Funny thing, I have no clue which of you it is that I talk on Twitter with, but, love you all!!
- Kat @Novels and Waffles – Because no matter what you say, you’re actually a funny person.
- Rain @Bookdragonism – Just to add a little bit to your very long list of busy. Sending hugs and chocolate.
- Noura @The Perks of Being Noura – Did you know you have the prettiest aesthetic ever?? Also, I’d invite you to a movie party in a heartbeat too (oh my, wondering just how confused this will make you…)
My Questions For You
- You get to choose one fictional creature to be your pet. What do you choose?
- What is one thing most people would never guess about you?
- What would you do if you suddenly became invisible for a day?
- You’re writing a book with two of your favorite authors. Who are they and what is your book about?
- Right now, you have to throw a book out the window. Any book. What victim will you choose?
- What’s the last thing you ate?
- Choose your new home: an underwater dome, a nice cottage in the middle of nowhere, or a floating house above the city?
- Have you ever gotten lost somewhere?
- If you had to change your name for a fictional character’s, what would be your first choice?
- You’re in an empty street of some random neighborhood when it starts to rain. You have no umbrella and no place to go for cover. What do you do?
- Choose one thing your wearing right now. If it had magical properties, what would they be?
Did you make it this far in one piece?? Please let me know if I should call an ambulance. I’ll ask them to be quick. Also, what would YOU like to ask me, or would you rather know nothing else and run for the hills?